I’ve always wanted to try a recipe from Jamie’s 15 minute meals to a) see if it actually takes just 15 minutes (it doesn’t – he lies!) and b) pretend I have my own cooking show! I made the falafel wraps with grilled veg but changed the recipe slightly to make it more my own.
1 tin of mixed beans
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tablespoon plain flour
8 tortilla wraps
250g cottage cheese
- Blitz the beans, chickpeas, lemon zest, flour, coriander (not all) and chilli sauce in a food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With wet hands divide the mixture and shape into equal patties.
- Put a tablespoon of oil into a frying pan and add the falafels, turning them when they are crisp. Put them under the grill for 5 minutes to make the extra crispy.
- On a griddle pan, char the vegetable and season with salt pepper. Add a little olive oil and mixed herbs to give it extra flavour.
- Add chilli sauce to the cottage cheese and mix slightly. Jamie also makes his salsa dip fresh, but I got lazy so I just bought mine!
- Put the wraps in the microwave for 30 seconds to make the soft and pliable.
- Sprinkle the left over coriander leaves to garnish.
A great, healthy dinner for everyone to share and ideal for summer time.